Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh Give Me a Break!

On grey winter mornings I slip volumes from my bookcase and flip through the pages of garden books to lift my spirits. The sight of glossy green photos coupled with my morning coffee works wonders for my mood during these frozen tundra days in CT. Yesterday was the most uplifting yet. I read a passage that made me laugh out loud. "Never buy plants on impulse."

Ha! Could the author even possibly be a gardener? I can't wait for my flower gardening buddies, Dina and my mum, to read this post since "buy on impulse" is a part of their physical fabric. Could anyone really have the ability to always pass up that new bloom beckoning to them at the nursery? I'd say I would like to meet them, but I'm not sure I do. My brother Pete has the "impulse buy bug" but for vegetable seed packets. You should see his stack!

No comments:

Post a Comment