Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Moss is Boss

So this may be proof that I'm a little nutty. In the North East we are in the midst of a huge ice and snow storm (again.) What am I worried about? That the shoveling and plowing will pry the moss from between my stones and pavers. It's taken a few years to get going and still in its infancy. I want the "I've been around a long time" look for my new-ish house (not myself, just the house.) I covet those gardens with well-established moss between every stone in every path and climbing on every long-positioned boulder. So, I shovel those areas carefully while my husband does the actually needed work of clearing places for people to walk and cars to drive.


I'm also worried that the branches of my shrubs and trees will break under the heaviness of ice covered snow. My daughter took pictures of me through the window trying to rescue some Azaleas from the crushing weight. Atleast I'm gardening. I know the helmet and goggles are overkill , but the hale really hurts!



Look tomorrow on http://www.durham.patch.com/ for my article on how gardening can accomplish many New Years Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment