Friday, October 8, 2010

If I can't live in the Hamptons...

...atleast I can grow Montauk Daisies. It's the same, right?

Just as the flower season is winding down, these bright bushes display head-turning blooms. Each stem boasts multiple flowers, packing buds into ready-made bouquets. Montauk Daises appear in October saving me just before I buy crysanthemums; the signpost that summer is officially over.

I never want to buy mums in the fall. I view these flowers as the final nail in summer's coffin. Mums are the official starting gun for winter, that long marathon towards spring. I know I skipped fall in that description. I love fall, but I think if I can avoid the mums, I can deny that fall is really a precursor to winter. We'll see if my pots ever hold crysanthemums this year, or if my little slice of the Hamptons holds me off.

Hopefully my front step will look better than it did last year...see my post  "Perennially Behind" under January 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment