Thursday, November 5, 2009

If Wonder Woman was a Flower

If Wonder Woman was a flower, I think she would be a rocket snapdragon. Gorgeous, tall and tough as nails.
My statuesque annuals (zone 6 here) continue to win the battle for survival against an early winter. The first snow came a couple weeks ago and light frost visits many a night. Yet, the super hero of the garden persists, even thrives. My sedum have already turned brown, the maples have shed their leaves, but the multi-colored Wonder Women of the flower bed continue to create new blooms. Undaunted, they remain poised and beautiful in the face of impending winter danger along with their neighbor the rose "Lady Emma Hamilton." Three cheers for tough broads!







I tried to think of a clever way to include references to Wonder Woman's invisible aircraft and those great bullet-shielding bracelets...but I have nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment